Stu Bailey

Stu Bailey

Making the transition from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams

Since its introduction in 2015, Skype for Business Online has been a valuable tool for millions of people. With Skype for Business Online retiring its services on 31 July 2021, what is the alternative solution? Microsoft Teams! It is the exciting new vision for intelligent communication. Teams combines chat and collaboration, online meetings and calling, apps and tools into a single productivity hub – and enables an entirely new way of working.

It’s time to start thinking of making the move!

With Microsoft Teams, companies are becoming more agile, by digitising paper processes, reducing expenses with effective online meetings, creating a more inclusive workforce with greater reach for collaboration tools. Teams is a powerful tool that opens the door to an entirely new way of doing business. With the transition from a simple chat and video calling app to a complete productivity solution, migrating from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams presents the opportunity to rethink the way work gets done in your organisation.

Reduce the gaps

We know how to utilise team communication tools such as MS Teams, Webex Meetings, Zoom (the list goes on) to the best of their capabilities, so your employees have the best user experience. Our methodology will make your workforce adopt these tools with ease, rather than resisting change in your workplace. Are your employees fully utilising the tools they have? Interestingly, most companies are only using around 20% of the functionality available to them. Take Microsoft Teams as an example, yes it does video meeting but there is so much more it can do to improve productivity and collaboration.

Microsoft Teams v Skype for Business Online

​​Microsoft Teams is not the next version of Skype for Business. With the decommissioning of Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams is the natural replacement. However, chat, online meetings and calling is just a portion of the features that Teams offers. Migrating from Skype for Business Online will be an IT-led project with many technical decisions to be made. However, once people have access to Microsoft Teams, there are some common mistakes to avoid.

Don’t fall into the common mistake of implementing it as a technology project. Microsoft Teams is an adoption project. 20% should be IT deployment, governance and support, the other 80% should be understanding how people work, what their pain-points are and how they can be improved. Understand how you are going to use Teams and how it is going to improve your business. Moving to Microsoft Teams means you are moving to a productivity platform, something Skype never was. You need to think about how you are going to help your users adopt this new technology and improve day to day productivity.

Choose Future Worx to help you move efficiently and effectively!

Moving your company from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams will require time and effort but with Future Worx, we can take the stress out of the adoption process. We are experienced at helping companies adopt new collaboration tools in the most efficient and effect way. 

We have helped companies successfully implement Microsoft Teams by creating robust adoption plans that give maximum business benefits and enables you to thrive in a remote first world. We will guide you through the process ensuring your organisation has the most successful outcomes. 

If you are currently using Skype for Business, then start planning your migration today. Speak to one of our experts at Future Worx to discuss your migration and learn more about Microsoft Teams adoption in order to transform your digital workplace.

Check out more of our insights